Towelroot is a very small tool that takes only 100 kilobytes and allows you to root your Android device in very easy steps.
You just have to install its apk and press a button. Like other rooting software where you have to connect your android to the computer and reset it and various other tedious steps also. This rooting software doesn’t need any of this tasks just installation and tap a single button.
You don’t have to restart your android device. It will be perfectly rooted after installation.
If you want to root Samsung Galaxy S5 or S4 or Nexus 4 or 5, this is the best option for you.
It was published by George_Hotz in June, 2014. It is a root exploit software hack which was basically built for Samsung Galaxy S5 devices. It was built around linux kernel. This exploit software is known as ” towelroot”. It was known as “one-click Android rooting tool” by the hacking community.
It can be installed quickly like any app. Although it was initially released for Samsung Galaxy it can work with other android devices also like Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 etc.
What is Towelroot?
Android phones are the powerful machines in the world. To root smartphone, there are various One-click-root apps are available but towelroot is the best app among all those.
It is an application that allows you to root your smartphone after unlocking the bootloader. It is best because you don’t have to face multiple confusing steps and you don’t have to download multiple files. This can root your smartphone within a matter of minutes.
What does one understand by Android Rooting?
Android rooting is a simple process where your smartphone and other features are no longer controlled by official ROM. The rooting process breaks the security wall.
Once you completed the rooting process, you are able to add or remove apps, features and options from your smartphone.
In laymen term, you are the one who controls your own smartphone, not any third party. Interesting!!
Devices that are compatible with Towelroot:
- Galaxy S5
- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy S3
- Nexus 5
- Galaxy Note 3
Download Towelroot Apk
To download Towelroot Apk version 1.0 just click on this link. You are redirected to a site then you have to click on Download button.
All about Towelroot Apk
- Features of Towelroot
- It is a one-click rooting application.
- Its size is very small only 110 KB.
- It can root any android device between 2.2-4.4 .
- You don’t need any internet connectivity.
- How to download and install Towelroot Apk?
Follow the below steps to download and install towelroot apk on your device:
- First, you have to open your mobile browser and download Towelroot Apk.
- After successfully downloading, follow the below steps.
- These types of files are may be harmful so disable antivirus from your device.
- Your device won’t allow you to install it. So you have to change the setting by Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
- As the file size is just 110 kb that’s why it will be installed in few seconds.
- After the installation gets completed go back to Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources. You have to do this so your device won’t install any unsigned apps or files.
- How to root after installing Towelroot Apk?
Follow the below steps to root your device after successfully installing towelroot apk:
- It is a simple “one-click-root”. Therefore just follow the suggestions and steps guided by towelroot.
- After the process gets finished then restart your android.
- After rebooting, go to the menu and check SuperSU app.
- If you are able to find that app then congrats your smartphone is rooted properly.How to unroot your device?
Follow the below steps to unroot your device:
- First, ensure that your device has successfully installed SuperSU.
- Now open SuperSU app on your device. After opening you are notified with a message that asks you to update the binaries.
- Tap on Continue and then choose Normal as the method of installation.
- After that, you get a message that asks you whether you want to delete Knox. You have to press Cancel, then you get a confirmation dialogue box that lets you know that binaries are updated and a reboot is needed.
- So reboot your phone now.
- After booting up again, the process of unrooting starts.
- Again open SuperSU app and it will ask you to delete Knox then press Cancel.
- At the top of the screen, you have the settings tab. Tap on it.
Now you get a big list. Scroll down in the list until you find Full Unroot. Tap on it and click on continue in the next menu.
Congrats!! The app will be uninstalled from your device. Now reboot your phone so that changes can take place.
To check that your phone gets successfully unrooted. Download the Root Checker from the play store.